After each use:
- Remove foxtails and other debris from the mesh.
- Wash the Field Guard with warm soapy water, rinse, and hang to dry.
- Examine for puncture holes and other signs of damage.
- Replace Field Guards with puncture holes or noticeable wear.
Prevent elastic breakage:
The elastic is not designed to secure the Field Guard on the dog, its function is to create the pouf shape that “cups” the back of the dog’s head. The elastic around the opening of the Field Guard should generally be the same circumference as the dog’s upper neck.
Make sure the dog’s collar and tags are not caught inside the Field Guard. The tags and rings on a dog's collar can nick the elastic and cause it to break.
- Foxtail penetration may result from misuse, including but not limited to a dog’s rough play and excessive behavior. Supervise your dog while using this product.
- The Field Guard may not function properly on dogs that exert excessive pressure when sniffing or rubbing.
- Dogs that carry or chew on objects or engage in rough play may penetrate the Field Guard with their teeth, leaving the dog vulnerable to foxtails.
- The Field Guard is not indestructible or chew-proof.
- This product is NOT a muzzle and should never be used as one.
- For general safety, do not leave a dog unattended while it is wearing the Field Guard.
- Be aware of the possibility of overheating: Take precautions (read signs of heat exhaustion) to prevent it, with or without the Field Guard.
You agree to hold Peticular LLC harmless from and against any damages, injury or defect caused by your misuse, alteration or modification to the product.
While the OutFox Field Guard effectively helps to protect against foxtail penetration to a dog’s face, it is not 100% failproof. Because the product is made of a mesh, a material with a large number of closely spaced holes, there is always a possibility for foxtail seeds to penetrate the mesh.
The Field Guard is designed to act as a sieve, catching foxtails before they enter a dog’s nose or ears. It is important to check the Field Guard regularly to remove any foxtails it catches and to check for puncture holes that compromise the integrity of the mesh.
OutFox cannot be responsible for stolen packages. Please contact delivery service.